DNA Fingerprinting 

DNA Fingerprinting Alec Jeffreys et al (1985) developed the procedure of genetic analysis and forensic medicine, called DNA fingerprinting. Of the total base sequence present in humans, 99.9% in all human beings are identical. The remaining 0.1% differs from person to person and makes every individual unique. DNA fingerprinting involves identifying the difference between two DNA molecules at the specific regions where the sequence is repeated many times called repetitive DNA. Steps in DNA Fingerprinting

post image

Applications of DNA Fingerprinting This technique is used to:

  • Identify criminals in forensic laboratories.
  • Settle paternity disputes.
  • Verify whether a hopeful immigrant is really a close relative of an already established resident.
  • Identify racial groups to rewrite biological evolution.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!