- It is the process of protein synthesis by reading the mRNA codons. It occurs in cytoplasm. Ribosomes are the sites for protein synthesis in a cell.
Process of Translation
- Charging of tRNA: Binding of specific amino acid to the tRNA molecule.
- Initiation of polypeptide synthesis: Identifying the initiation codon on mRNA and attachment of the specific charged tRNA with the complementary anticodon.
- Elongation of polypeptide synthesis: It involves the bonding of amino acids to form the polypeptide chain.
- Termination of polypeptide synthesis: It involves the end of the process of protein synthesis by identification of stop codon on mRNA.